The City of Tucson, Pima County, the State of Arizona, and the private sector have all made commitments to create a growing, healthy economy. The Aerospace, Advanced Technology, Mining, Healthcare, Optics, Defense and Tourism sectors all have a significant presence in Tucson.
University of Arizona, U of A Tech Park, U of A Banner Health Network, Raytheon, Davis Monthan Air Force Base are some of the region’s major employers. More than 25 private and public firms have 1,000+ Tucson employees.
For more information on the positive business and employment environment, visit http://www.suncorridorinc.com
- Raytheon Missile Systems – 11,000 employees
- Pima County – 7,100 employees
- U.S. Border Patrol – 6,800 employees
- Tucson Unified School District – 6,467 employees
- Banner Healthcare – 6,462 employees
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. – 5,819 employees
- U.S. Army Intelligence Center of Excellence & Fort Huachuca – 5,096 employees
- State of Arizona – 4,986 employees
- Wal-Mart – 4,360 employees
- City of Tucson – 4,348 employees
- Carondelet Health Network – 3,594 employees
- Fry’s Food Stores – 3,109 employees
- Tucson Medical Center (TMC Healthcare) – 2,977 employees